Friday 13 May 2011

A breath of fresh heir...

It was what fairytales are made of...

From beginning to end it was picture perfect. Well if the Royals can't do perfection when it comes to weddings then us mere common folk don't stand a chance! (although they are becoming fine tuned in the art of divorce but let's not taint this already).

Whether you were like me and eagerly in anticipation of Kate's dress (and let's face it, it did not disappoint) or simply hoping to hear William stutter at his nuptials it is safe to say it was the wedding of the year! With all the pomp and ceremony it was tasteful, regal and what weddings are all about - true love 'well whatever love is'!

However I get the feeling that Kate was slightly upstaged by her younger sister Pippa...I for one think that Kate is the ultimate princess and with a life ahead as Queen in waiting I certainly had the feeling that history was being made. Apparently not of the kind that I was envisaging. Pippa Middleton's derriere gained more hits on Facebook and Youtube in one afternoon and it even has it's own website formally called 'The Pippa Middleton Ass Appreciation Society'. Perhaps it is a sign of the technologically advancing times but really?! I mean history was being made that day and all the nation can focus on is a middle class, rather attractive one might ad, privately educated bottom?!

I digress, I wanted this to be a far more 'Royalist' endeavor considering I fear becoming one, but I have lost my train of thought. This was supposed to be about Kate, William, their big day and what this means for the future monarchy. Instead I am as shallow as the rest of the nation. Let's hope all this new found fame and wonderment doesn't go to her head (or her bottom for that matter).

No comments:

Post a Comment